- Increasing Clarity and Performance
- Treatment of Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Alternative and Complimentary Treatments of Depression and Mood Disorders
- Alternative and Complimentary Treatments of ADHD
- Genetic Testing
- I do not treat the following conditions which require a higher level of care than can be safely provided via telepsychiatry :
- Schizophrenia or psychosis; Anorexia Nervosa; Chronic Pain disorders; Alcohol or Substance Abuse
- My practice does not provide Disability or Court Ordered Assessments.
- I also, do not see children under 16 years old.
Balanced body = Balanced mind
How do we come up with an individualized plan for you?
Your brain just got better!
What are some of the root causes that can be addressed through the Integrative approach?
Is stress running your life?
How can you improve your clarity and performance?
What is Genetic Testing?
Genetic testing is the latest development in the field of mental health that adds precision to the selection of medications and supplements to optimize the treatment outcome.
I use Genomind panel because it is the most comprehensive panel that focuses on mental health and they work with private insurance companies to make the testing more accessible.
The test panel focuses on the following three areas:
1. Genes associated with conditions such as depression, anxiety and mood instability.
2 MTHFR gene that codes for an enzyme that metabolizes folic acid. Low levels of this enzyme can lead to inadequate production of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine.
Supplementation with an activated form of folic acid – Lmethylfolate can lead to remission in symptoms.
3. Genes that code for CYP 450 metabolism pathway in the liver. This a major metabolism pathway for many medications. Some people are either “slow metabolizer” and “very rapid metabolizer” and that effects their response to medications and the side effect profile.